In Charlotte, NC, I founded Kaleidoscope Counseling, a group counseling practice, in 2011. My niche is working with people who are managing unhealthy or difficult relationships.
I work with the following:
- People with generational relationship issues.
- People with anxiety about relationships or interacting with others.
- People who want to learn how to be in healthy dating, family, or friendship type relationship.
- Successful people who appear to have it all together, but struggle on the inside.
- People who have relationship issues with their mother/father or other family members.
- People who experienced emotional neglect from their parents.
- People who are co-dependent, counter-dependent, or those with boundary issues.
- Couples needing to improve communication around roles, boundaries, and relationship expectations.
My eclectic approach incorporates elements of mindfulness, cognitive behavioral, narrative, acceptance, and commitment, emotionally focused, and positive therapy approaches. Together we learn to understand the past so we can understand how you are impacted by the past currently. My passion for mental health and healthy relationships is reflected on social media, and in local and national media outlets.
For 12 years, I’ve created space in a therapeutic setting for people who want to improve their overall functioning. I am licensed as a clinical social worker in North Carolina. I earned my Masters of Social Work from Wayne State University. I have a certificate of completion in perinatal mood and anxiety disorders from Postpartum Support International. Additionally, I have advanced training in working with adults with childhood emotional neglect and couples.
Outside of work I love traveling to the beach. Also, I love to garden. Click here for more about me.
True change takes place when the pain of staying the same is greater than changing. ~Unknown